Friday, February 8, 2008

Final Update!

2 days remain until the main event itself! I am sorry I have not updated this sooner to clarify a few things. There have been mixed plans being thrown around and its all gotten a bit disorganized. Some are emailing me and posting about going at 11, some about a different meeting place. Indeed, quite a bit has changed since my first post. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to keep up with all the support and keep things as organized as I'd want them, and it's hard to centralize our efforts with support coming from roughly 6 or 7 different anti-scientology forum communities, not to mention the prime movers themselves, the Anonymous.

It seems that overwhelmingly people would like to specifically synchronize our raid with the rest and do it at 11, meeting at Starbucks at 10:30. To address this first issue, I'd like to say that I have no problem with it. Some spoke about doing a wave sort of thing, so assuming there will be a few lost people who never see this and go at 1 anyway, I don't see an issue with going at 11 and ending up with more supporters coming at 1. That being said, the ruling is this: Go at 11. If you can't, go at 1. As much as I'd like to show strength in numbers by doing it all at once, it's a bit too late in the game to make dramatic changes, so we will just have to try and integrate the stragglers that never see this and come for the 1:00.

And with that adressed, time for the second order of business. Meeting place. It was pretty well accepted by the countless dozens of people emailing me that we would be meeting at Starbucks, however it seems better legally and better for our numbers if we follow the suggestion of a few posters over at enturbulation.org. Not sure where I mean? Look for the Hollywood Video sign. Thats right, we will now be meeting at the abandoned Hollywood Video. Want pictures? Follow this link, the guy went through the trouble of taking tons and we appreciate his contributions to no end. Again, while I regret changing things up, especially last minute, there is too much confusion and I have to set my foot one way or the other. Things have just gotten far too decentralized, and there are too many people that aren't completely sure what's happening.

So, quick recap:

Abandoned Hollywood Video. 10:30 AM. Here we will go over the ground rules and prepare, making sure everyone has an understanding. And then, BAM, the fun begins! Rally at 11 AM.

Clear enough? I hope so. But keep an eye out for stragglers who never caught the update - we don't want to lose people if possible.

1 comment:

Blue said...

Wonderful. Sounds good.

My only concern is the talk about the Vendetta Masks. Does anyone know where you can get those in Houston (preferably west side). Thanks so much and see you guys at 10:30.